The following are a selection of sessions scheduled for Tuesday, November 30th relevant for media and entertainment customers. Find the full curated M&E Attendee guide here and learn more about the AWS for M&E points of presence in this post.
Please double-check the AWS re:Invent event catalog to confirm the date/time/venue for your session!
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
AIM307-R2 Automating content moderation to improve digital safety (Chalk Talk)
- Building human-based content moderation at scale can be time-consuming and expensive. Further, companies can face serious business consequences and put their users’ privacy at risk if they are unable to moderate inappropriate content and redact personally identifiable information (PII). This chalk talk demonstrates how you can use Amazon AI services like Amazon Rekognition and Amazon Transcribe to create streamlined workflows to automate content moderation and redaction within video, audio, and images.
- Level 1, Forum 110, Caesars Forum
11:45 AM – 12:45 PM
FMW301-R1 Deep dive on authorization and data with AWS Amplify (Chalk Talk)
- Developers use AWS Amplify to quickly build full-stack mobile and web applications on AWS, with the flexibility to take advantage of the breadth and depth of AWS as their application evolves. This chalk talk details how virtually everything works in Amplify’s authorization and data categories. Topics will range from authentication and authorization to tokens, signatures, access control mechanisms, GraphQL queries, mutations, subscriptions, and data access patterns. The chalk talk covers details on the basics as well as theory and customizations.
- Level 1, Academy 412, Caesars Forum
AIM206 How Bloomberg invested in smarter search with Amazon Kendra (Breakout)
- Many companies struggle to validate new search paradigms alongside incumbent solutions because they have benefited from years of investment, customization, and user socialization. In this session, find out how Bloomberg used Amazon Kendra to build an ML-based search engine for a specific content set without needing to integrate with the legacy search infrastructure. Also, discover how Amazon Kendra fits into Bloomberg’s product development strategy, how they implemented Amazon Kendra, and their experience working with the service, including implementation challenges and solutions using Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Level 4, Lando 4305, Venetian
11:45 AM – 2:00 PM
AIM315 Boost the value of your media content with ML-powered search (Workshop)
- Consumers rely on content not only to entertain but also to educate and facilitate purchasing decisions. To meet this demand, media content production is exploding. However, the process of producing, distributing, and monetizing this content is often complex, expensive, and time-consuming. Applying artificial intelligence and machine learning (ML) capabilities like image and video analysis, audio transcription, machine translation, and text analytics can solve many of these problems. In this workshop, utilize ML to extract detailed metadata from content and make it available for search, discovery, and editing use cases.
- Level 1, Forum 118, Caesars Forum
12:30 – 1:30 PM
ADM302 Predictive audience scoring at scale with Amazon SageMaker (Breakout)
- In this session for data scientists, data engineers, and technology executives, learn from two customer case studies how to use Amazon SageMaker to build large-scale machine learning pipelines for audience scoring. First, see how Acxiom used SageMaker for propensity scoring with hundreds of millions of records and thousands of propensity models. Then, learn how AppsFlyer developed a predictive analytics solution to accurately predict mobile user lifetime value for iOS 14+ campaigns based on 1–24 hours of user interaction. Discover details on feature engineering, recommended models, best practices, lessons learned, and pitfalls to avoid.
- Level 5, Palazzo A, Venetian
ANT309 Simplifying Amazon S3 analytics with Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose (Chalk Talk)
- Join this chalk talk to learn how Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose enables you to reliably load your streaming data into data lakes, data warehouses, and analytics services built on AWS, with AWS Partners, and using open-source tools. This talk includes a demonstration showcasing how Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose easily captures, transforms, and delivers streaming data to a data lake built on Amazon S3. Dive deep into reducing the cost of Amazon S3 analytics queries and simplifying Amazon S3 analytics workflows using Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose, Apache Parquet, and dynamic partitioning.
- Level 1, Alliance 311, Caesars Forum
1:15 – 2:15 PM
MDS203 Transforming broadcast production, playout, and fan experiences (Breakout Session)
- Join this session to hear Discovery share its broadcast transformation journey on AWS. From an Emmy Award–winning supply chain to the playout of channels worldwide, learn how the company achieved 61% cost savings by modernizing their infrastructure. Also learn about Eurosport’s next-generation audience experiences enhanced by AWS data sciences. Finally, ViacomCBS discusses the ongoing evolution of its Live Sports production journey, including some challenges and solutions as they mature their live production workloads on AWS with the help of large ISV solutions.
- Level 4, Delfino 4006, Venetian
AIM308 Harness the power of ML to protect your business with Amazon Fraud Detector (Chalk Talk)
- How does more than 20 years of Amazon experience fighting fraud translate into an AI service that can help companies detect more online fraud faster? In this session, learn how Amazon Fraud Detector transforms raw data into highly accurate ML-based fraud detection models. Then, discover how the service does data preparation and validation, feature engineering, data enrichment, and model training and tuning. Finally, with actual customer examples across a wide range of industries and fraud use cases, find out how the service makes deployment easy.
- Level 1, Latour 6, Wynn
2:00 – 3:00 PM
MDS203 Monetize your videos with free ad-supported streaming TV (Chalk Talk)
- Households are becoming increasingly attracted to entertainment programming without subscription pricing. Free ad-supported television (FAST) is rapidly gaining traction with consumers and, in some cases, is used as a remedy for subscription overload. When delivered with scalable AWS services, FAST provides an opportunity to deliver more value with targeted ads and predictable costs. In this chalk talk, learn how to build and monetize a 24/7 FAST channel from your video-on-demand catalog. Create engaging experiences by incorporating live video production and inserting targeted ads for your audiences.
- Level 4, Lando 4206, Venetian
AIM311 Tips and tricks to boost your personalized recommendations (Chalk Talk)
- Get to know Amazon Personalize better by diving into how you can deliver relevant recommendations while also optimizing for the business outcomes that are important to you. In this interactive chalk talk, learn about Amazon Personalize and discuss best practices for delivering low-latency, highly relevant recommendations for your users in real time.
- Level 1, Forum 104, Caesars Forum
2:00 -3:00 PM
SEC205 Security posture monitoring with AWS Security Hub at Panasonic Avionics (Breakout)
- In this session, learn to proactively monitor, identify, and protect data to help maintain security and compliance with low operational investment. Panasonic Avionics shares their robust security solution for migrating to Amazon S3 to reduce data center costs by more than 85 percent while remaining secure and compliant with comprehensive industry regulations. Discover best practices for deploying layered security to monitor data using Amazon Macie, learn how to detect threats using Amazon GuardDuty, and consider how automating responses can help protect your data and meet your compliance requirements. Explore how you can use AWS Security Hub as a central monitoring and posture-management control point.
- Level 4, Delfino 4104, Venetian
ADM301 Under the hood at Amazon Ads (Breakout)
- In this session for technology executives and engineering leaders, get an exclusive look at how Amazon Ads uses AWS for campaign management, ad serving, ad events, and ad selection. Learn how Amazon Ads uses Amazon ElastiCache to perform 30 million key lookups per second with 500 million distributed keys and how they scale Amazon DynamoDB to prepare for massive traffic spikes on Prime Day. This session shares advanced ML and analytics use cases and provides an overview of how to use AWS for real-time personalization with streaming data. Learn from reference architectures, technical best practices, and lessons learned from serving hundreds of millions of ads per second.
- Level 5, Palazzo A, Venetian
2:45 – 3:45 PM
GAM201 How Sony Interactive Entertainment launched PlayStation 5 (Breakout)
- Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment that is responsible for creating the world-renowned PlayStation brand and family of products. This session explores how SIE prepared for the launch of PlayStation 5 (PS5) against the backdrop of a global pandemic. Learn how SIE delivered PS5 without downtime to millions of players around the world using a coordinated-operations planned response program and a robust, scalable, and secure infrastructure using AWS services, including Amazon EKS, Amazon EC2, Amazon Route 53, and Amazon CloudWatch.
- Level 3, Murano 3204, Venetian
ANT310 How VMware uses Amazon Kinesis to keep customers safe from cyberattacks (Breakout)
- Streaming data with Amazon Kinesis Data Streams is an easy and cost-effective way to capture data from hundreds of thousands of sources and make it available for analysis in milliseconds. VMware Carbon Black’s cloud-native intelligent threat detection system uses Amazon Kinesis Data Streams and other AWS services. Join this session to dive deep into how VMware Carbon Black, a leader in cybersecurity, processes trillions of events per day to uncover concerning behavioral patterns and detect and prevent cybersecurity risks. VMware Carbon Black shares lessons learned while scaling its multi-tenant streaming data infrastructure and best practices for cost-effective data processing in real time.
- Level 4, Delfino 4002, Venetian
5:00 – 6:00 PM
AIM310-R2 Build an ML-powered demand planning system using Amazon Forecast (Chalk Talk)
- This chalk talk explores how you can use Amazon Forecast to build an ML-powered, fully automated demand planning system for your business or your multi-tenant SaaS platform without needing any ML expertise. Amazon Forecast automatically generates highly accurate forecasts using machine learning, explains the drivers behind those forecasts, and keeps your machine learning models always up to date to capture new trends.
- Level 4, Lando 4206, Venetian
STG205-R2 AWS storage solutions for containers and serverless applications (Breakout)
- Modern applications have revolutionized application architecture by using containers for greater portability and/or building applications on serverless infrastructure to optimize compute resources. In this session, look at different storage services, including Amazon EFS, Amazon S3, and Amazon EBS, to help you determine which storage is the best fit for your modern applications.
- Level 4, Lando 4202, Venetian
5:30 – 6:30 PM
BIZ212-L Deliver exceptional customer experiences with AWS Business Applications (Leadership Session)
- Delighting customers has never been more foundational to an organization’s success. AWS Business Applications provides over a dozen flexible, intelligent, and easy-to-use services that can help drive success, including solutions for contact centers, communication and collaboration, remote work, and no-code applications. In this session, join Diego Pantoja-Navajas, Vice President of New Products – AWS Business Applications, as he details the latest AWS service innovations, and learn how you can empower your workforce to deliver exceptional experiences for your customers.
- Level 2, Venetian Theatre., Venetian
5:45 – 6:45PM
ARC 310 Build a live streaming platform: Amazon IVS and Amazon Chime SDK (Builders’ Session)
- Live video streaming can help businesses reach out to their customers without physical limitations. In this builders’ session, learn how to build your own global live streaming channel in minutes and add real-time interactive features like scalable chat and likes. Start with Amazon IVS for global streaming video and Amazon Chime SDK for chatting and walk through various services such as AWS Amplify, API Gateway, and Amazon DynamoDB to make a serverless live streaming chat application. By the end of this session, you will have built your own platform that is ready to stream globally.
- Level 1, Marco Polo 704, Venetian
6:30 – 7:30 PM
NET210 Building low-latency websites with Amazon CloudFront (Breakout)
- Join this session to learn how you can deliver your websites with low latency using the Amazon CloudFront content delivery network. Explore how the latest features of CloudFront, such as Brotli, TLSv1.3, and CloudFront Functions, can enrich your application. Also, discover best practices that will help optimize your users’ experience and learn from real-world implementations.
- Level 1, Forum 121, Caesars Forum
7:15 – 8:15 PM
STG401 Get the most out of your Amazon EFS deployments (Builders’ Session)
- Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) is a simple, serverless, set-and-forget elastic file system that brings highly available, highly durable file storage to a wide variety of applications. In this builders’ session, AWS experts share best practices for optimizing performance when accessing data from your Amazon EFS file system. Dive deep into the performance modes within Amazon EFS, and learn how to design your workload to get the most from your file system.
- Level 1, Marco Polo 704, Venetian